On this week’s Digital Collective Podcast, Stuart McSkimming reflects on 20 years in the charity sector and picks out his highlights and current trends to watch:
- How the move from on-premise to cloud systems is nothing like as important as the move from customisation to configuration.
- How partners can really add value with managing fast-moving technology and integrations, but organisations themselves have to figure out what to do with the technology at the end of the day.
- How the role of the CIO has changed from a technology role, focussed on efficiency, to a business leader who understands what the organisation needs to achieve and figures out how technology can enable that.
- How clearing the decks from tactical issues can leave the space and opportunity to address strategic issues.
- and how charities can use their unique advantages to recruit the very best digital candidates.
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-digital-collective-podcast/id1442355393?mt=2
And directly in your podcast tool: https://digitalcollective.podbean.com/